Thursday, January 31, 2008

American Media's Influence on Panamanian Media

I am Arlinda and I come from Panama.
In Panama, the media industry is very similar to the United States especially because of all the media influences that come from the U.S. My description and opinions about Panamanian media are based on the fact that every year forms of media are getting better and better, by producing more TV shows, music videos, radio programs, new and entertaining channels and so much more.
The principal thing that I noticed the most about American media is that it is very powerful and commercial. In the one we can find a variety of ideas, characters, many unique and fresh thoughts. Furthermore, most of the media is reflected in everyday life, making the movies and shows produced worldwide best sellers, because almost everybody can get in touch with the stories and see themselves in the characters.
The freedom of the press is very important especially for so many countries that don’t have it, but I think here the freedom of the press is sometimes taken for granted. This is why I think all of us should open our vision and appreciate the liberty of expressing one’s ideas in freedom.

No comments: