Tuesday, April 8, 2008

What & Whay - Advertising


Name of the Product: Pepsi

You Tube Embed video


Year that was made: 2004


Agency that helped produces the ad: BBDO


I found the information on famous ads on internet.



Q&A:


During what program on television did this ad run? I think in the prime time. (In Panama, it was shown between the most viewed movies or shows.

I like this ad because it’s very interesting especially because of the stars that are part of this famous commercial. Superstar pop artists like Britney Spears, Beyonce Knowles, Pink and Enrique Iglesias (Latin pop star) star in this commercial.

The idea of this ad grabs everybody’s attention because it has many entertaining things going on during the entire commercial. For example, the Colosseum in ancient Rome is the setting where Pink, BeyoncĂ© and Britney are female gladiators who defeat the emperor - played by Enrique Iglesias.

I think it makes it effective because it shows the product, Pepsi, surrounded by very important people in the entertainment and also the entire situation definitely grabs your attention.

In this commercial, they have a combination of humor showing the reaction of the stars and also it entertains you by watching this entire situation. The song updates Queen's ''We Will Rock You'' sung by Britney, Beyoncé and Pink is the musical anthem for its ''Dare for More'' campaign.

The elements of puffery that we can find in this ad is the power that Pepsi gives humans to accomplish great and somewhat impossible things.

This ad is also selling a little bit of everything like the idea of focusing on the beauty of the girls, perfect bodies and good times.

I think the placement was really effective because it was seen by the entire family. Most of the times it focuses on teenager’s attention because they are more involved in the entertainment world. Pepsi is famed for hiring pop stars to help promote its drinks.

Usually, I try to not drink any type of carbonated drink so I didn’t buy it, but I think my family did because they love to drink soda.

No comments: